Saturday, January 23, 2016

Not Perfect

I got so much done today. I stocked up on groceries and got Bryan some of the goodies he likes such as sunflower seeds, cucumbers, green peppers and chocolate milk. Cooked a batch of homemade wedding soup and froze it.

Then I decided to splurge and make meatloaf.  Not something I've ever had great success with but this time it came out pretty good.  Should be a nice surprise for Bryan.  :)

So after I show him all his goodies he can enjoy this week, and surprised him with a meatloaf dinner, he's like, "did you get ketchup? "  oops, no.  I forgot we were almost out of ketchup.

I don't think he realizes how his expressions of disappointment come off.  They sound like disgust to me whether or not that's what was intended.  Something I'm working on -- it's not one sided.  I know his heart but I still have a hard time keeping scenarios like this from effecting me.  It can get me to feel as if nothing is worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment