Wednesday, March 9, 2016

My Cheap Storage Containers

So I go to warm myself up some leftovers from the fridge. It was in an old cottage cheese container that I use for Tupperware along with sour cream containers and yogurt containers. They are great for leftovers because you get them every time you buy the product and if they get ruined you just throw them away because you have plenty more or will soon get plenty more.  The only problem I've had with them is I forget which ones have leftovers and which ones actually have in them what the outside says is in them!  So I might get excited to have cottage cheese or french onion dip and open it to find leftover beef stroganoff !  haha

Anyway, I put my container of leftovers in the microwave and only a few seconds later it is sparking and crackling like crazy! So I rushed to the microwave and stop it immediately wondering what could have possibly happened.  It takes a minute for me to find a tiny little piece of the plastic covering that seals your food into the container in the store that was left when I originally opened it.   Only apparently this cover had something metal in it and the microwave sure did not like it!

Transfer to Corelle bowl and throw away cheap storage container.  It gave its life doing its Duty!

No comments:

Post a Comment