Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Garden Gone Wild

I have so many tomatoes and peppers ripe in my garden right now, I can't keep up!  I decided instead of doing just peppers by themselves or tomatoes by themselves, I'd make a big pot of chili and freeze it that way instead this time.

So Bryan comes home from work and smells the chili and wants it for supper!  I didn't expect that since it is so hot.  Usually chili is more of a fall or winter meal.  But okay, no problem--the main goal is for the garden produce not to go to waste.

We eat that for supper and I portion the rest out and freeze it.  A day or two later, he asks me. "You got any of that chili left?"  I'm like yes, but it's frozen.  And his face just falls.  Apparently, he's still totally into the chili! 

Okay, so we eat the entire batch in a week.  Then I make a whole new batch to freeze!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment