Monday, January 11, 2016

Can I Move On?

I'm so tired of working in daycare.  I love children and teaching and taking care of them, but the daycare industry is so institutionalized it takes most of the joy out of it for me.  There are so many rules and regulations and procedures.  People looking over your shoulder all the time.  Parents who don't seem to actually care about their kids but act like they are a commodity or a status symbol or an excuse for martyrdom.  Certainly not all parents are like this, some are a wonderful and I would love to be friends with them outside of work.

The pay is low, the stress is high.  There are mandatory outside meetings and trainings that have to be kept up to date.  I've been through accusations, parents who are drunk or high, children's services investigations. secretivity, high client turnover, high employee turnover, and the list goes on.  There has to be something better for me out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment