Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Hazards of the Road

 Well I have been a doordash driver now for going on 4 years. I have scraped my tires against curbs, make countless wrong turns, drove through someone's snow covered yard thinking it was the driveway, and bumped into somebody's garage door when the Sun popped out from behind the cloud. 

Today I was getting into the left lane, the same as I do probably a dozen times a week at the same exact spot on the road, and the motorcycle far back in the rear view mirror apparently decided he didn't like that move. He, I'm guessing, tried to buzz me but actually clipped my mirror on my left side, then abruptly turned in front of me and several other cars from between the left turning lane and left lane both of which were full of cars. Swerved across the left lane, across the right lane, and the right turning lane and Zipped down the road at the intersection. He was going so fast he was gone before I even had a chance to decide what to do.

 If he did not cause that, I don't know why he didn't stop and complain. If he thought I cut him off. I'm sure there was at least as much damage done to his motorcycle as to my car probably way more. It surprised me like an explosion had gone off at my window! 









Of course Bryan had a spare mirror assembly in the garage so he was able to change it out easily. In the meantime I had stopped at a auto parts store and got a small sticky mirror that actually held in place so I had a little bit of vision out the left side until Bryan made the official repair.

No comments:

Post a Comment