Friday, July 1, 2016

My Hospital Stay Part 4: Enough Already

So, there I was waiting for the consultation with the gall bladder surgeon.  Meanwhile my family and friends were stuck at work or other obligations and I'm not allowed to put anything down my throat in case I end up needing anesthesia.

I was sooo tired of being in the hospital, using that bed, things stuck to me and into me, headache, backache, heartburn, runny nose, sniffles, not-really-clean hair and body, knowing the expense was piling up, unsure what else I'd have to go through.   Hours passed.  I was getting very hungry, going stir crazy, texting with Melissa and my friends but having nothing new to tell them.

Finally, the surgeon got to me.  After getting my explanation of my symptoms, reviewing my lab results with me, and examining my abdomen, he told me he didn't think my gall bladder was an issue at all.  He was great!  Very knowledgeable, related to what I was going through, and didn't keep me waiting.   Within 10 minutes I was able to order supper!   Fish, rice, and double vegetables--yum.        Twenty minutes later:









And 20 minutes after that:


By then, I guess it was late enough in the day that the chief doctor was already done with rounds and wouldn't be reviewing my progress to release me that day!   Grrr, another night in that place!

More of the same--but feeling a little better with some food, surgery off the table, and possibility of going home tomorrow. 

One more episode to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment