Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Best Invention Ever!

Never liked crock pots much when I first set up housekeeping after I got married.  Then Melissa got me one for Christmas--and what a difference!  These new ones are SO much better.  The liner comes out so you can wash it easier and the temperature seems more consistent from one side of the food to the other instead of getting crusty on one side.  It has been pretty great to cut up the meat and vegetables before work and throw it all in and when we get home from work, supper is ready!

But--it's still a pain to clean, so I still haven't used it too much. 

One day I was shopping at Aldi and browsing through the special buys section when I saw boxes of something called "crock pot liners".  Now I have long been a fan of cooking bags for Thanksgiving turkeys and other meals, so I understood the concept right away and I got a box to try.

AMAZING!   The food cooked exactly like always, and when I dished it up, all I had to do was removed the used cooking bag, and throw it away.  Dishes done! 

How have I never seen these before?? Is it a new invention?  No, I found them in the baggie aisle at the regular grocery stores--yes, right next to the turkey cooking bags.  Kind of blend in to the rows of products so maybe that's why I never noticed them before, if they were there.

I plan on never running out of them . . . ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment