Tuesday, February 9, 2016

I Miss Those Songs

Had one of those rare nights when it took a long time to fall asleep.  Usually it doesn't take long.  And sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and I get a drink or use the bathroom and just go right back to sleep.   Once in awhile I won't fall asleep quickly so I read a little but it never takes long.  Then there are times when I feel the need to pray for some reason.  So I start praying about whatever comes to mind until I fall asleep again.

Tonight I did all those things and still couldn't sleep.  Eventually I got out my phone, thinking some music might help. Recently, I had been remembering a song we did when Pastor George was here called "Even Now. "  So I looked it up on YouTube and found a whole collection of Danny Chambers songs.  wow very cool.  I forgot he wrote so many that were part of our worship line up then.

I lay there in bed with only the light of my phone and listened to song after song.  I even replayed a couple.  Over an hour I spent doing that, and never got drowsy.  I'll be humming them for days now.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment