Monday, July 4, 2016

Not Back to Normal Yet

Sunday we tried to go to Harry Stevens hot dog day in Niles, Ohio.  I've been excited about going to some of these community events because this is the first year we have not been on vacation camping out of town and I finally have the opportunity to go.  We met up with our friends, Shawn and Heather, which was the first time we had been able to get together.

Unfortunately, I still do not have my strength or I should say stamina back and the heat and the sun are bothering me a lot more than I thought they would. I enjoyed watching the parade. Then we walked through the street carnival to get some food.  We did listen to some music and saw a bunch of displays but we had planned to stay for several hours and watch the beauty pageant and the wiener dog races but I couldn't keep walking.  I had to keep sitting down. Finally we just had to leave.

The family reunion on Monday was almost as bad.  I just walked straight to the pavilion and sat down because I was expecting the same as the day before.  However, it was much better because there was no continuous walking. I was constantly under the shade of the pavilion or the trees and I was never far from a bench if I did need to sit down.

No comments:

Post a Comment